Monday, October 1, 2007

Back from the Coma

Whoa! I've been gone a LONG time! I didn't fall off the face of the earth and the world inside my head has not gone dark. I just moved. I moved from my home of 8 years to my home for the next whatever. Three bedrooms and two bathrooms is a little much, even for a dog as energetic as Sophie. Unfortunately, the one bedroom/one bathroom where we now reside is a little small for her, but she is coping remarkably well--what a trooper!

It was strange to move. I haven't lived in any dwelling much longer than a year since I graduated high school. It was bittersweet. I was looking forward to a smaller space, less to clean and it would force me to let go of things. It's amazing what you hang onto. Most of it is absolute rubbish. Seriously, why did I keep the napkin from the wedding of two people I hardly know and never speak to? I only went for the cake. And then the clothes that I was saving for when I lost weight and could fit into them again . . . ~sigh~ . . . even if I could, it's probably better for society in general that I parted with them.

I have things to tell, but for the moment I just wanted to drop back into cyberspace and say hello. It's great to check in and catch up on the blogs of others. *SMOOCH*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just moved about a year ago after living somewhere for 5 years. I had lived 12 years at the same place before that. When I moved this most recent time there were still unpacked boxes from the 2001 move!! Obviously stuff that was high priority! I weeded out a lot and had a garage sale to get rid of some other things. I still have a 4 bedroom house full of stuff...but there are 3 kids, 3 dogs, a hamster and a tarantula living there with me!! :)
I must confess I kept some of the skinny clothes...maybe I'll get there again before they are totally and ridiculously out of style~

Lisa said...

Thank you for not telling me about the tarantula while I was there! Yes, as I came across items that I hadn't seen in years I thought, "If I haven't missed it in 5 or 6 years, it really doesn't mean all that much to me." Parting is such sweet sorrow! Y'all come by when we get the garage sale going.

Anonymous said...

The thing gives me the creeps too!! But someone that was moving to Cozumel convinced my son he needed to adopt it!! That's how I got the hamster too! At least they didn't leave me a child to care for!! hehehe

Anonymous said...

YAY! I know you have been so busy, but I absolutely ADORE reading about the world inside your head. Your perspective always cracks me up--oh how I wish I could be so light hearted about life.

About moving...Girl, I just now got through boxes that I had not dealt with since we moved into our house 4 months ago. And I have TONS of hand me downs for the next child that enters my life, which I know will be my first grandchild--in about 15+ years--talk about clothes being out of style!

Glad you're back!