Monday, October 29, 2007

Tagged--The buck stops here, people!!!

Primarily because I don’t know 8 more people with blogs who’ve not already been tagged, I’m going to cheat and just quit.

1. I, too, am unable to give blood—for the exact same reason as Sarah, just substitute Scotland for Ireland.

2. I’m going to marry Gerard Butler, but he doesn’t know it yet. I have to break things off with Orlando Bloom first. There are actually 3 degrees of separation between me and Orlando Bloom. I was a childcare worker for a girl who moved to Hawaii and was an extra in the movie “Blue Crush” with Kate Bosworth who used to date Orlando Bloom . . . until I stole him from her. (I actually just saw that little girl in the movie when it was on cable yesterday!)

3. For a number of years in my childhood, my dad would often respond, “When we find your real daddy you can tell/ask him” to any question or complaint I had about my upbringing.

4. I murdered one of the class fish in 4th grade. Perhaps it was man-slaughter (fish-slaughter?), since I didn’t intend to kill it. I just wanted to see if I could thump it hard enough to make it touch the bottom of the fish tank. I think if I had put more of my arm into it rather than just rely on finger-strength alone, I’d have been successful. However, when the fish was discovered dead the next day, everyone would’ve known it was me.

5. I got the chicken pox when I was 21. That visit to the doctor was the second most humiliating doctor visit of my life.

6. The time I went to the doctor in Scotland for an ear ache and the doctor said, “Did you know you have an asymmetrical face? You’re face is crooked (I gave him a quizzical look in response to the question). Go look in the mirror and tell me if your face is supposed to look like that” was the first.

7. In 8th grade I wrote a love story about a guy I had a mad crush on. It revolved around his green eyes and was hence titled “Green Eyes: A Short Love Story”. I was really proud of it. The day after I wrote it, I ran into him in the hallway and discovered that his eyes were so dark a shade of brown they were almost black. He never knew about the story, but I was mortified just the same. I found it a few years ago and was mortified that I'd written it.

8. I love makeup. I LOVE it! I’m like a kid in a candy store at a place like Sephora. Funds are typically a problem, so I usually get something small (like lip-gloss) or just talk myself out of buying anything at all. If funds weren’t a problem it would probably take a room to hold it all, however it would probably expire before I could use it all. While I love makeup and sometimes wish I could be bolder in its application without looking like a clown, I don’t always like putting forth the effort to put it on. It’s pretty much the same story with hair products.

When did the word “melty” become a part of the American vernacular?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work with a lady that tells her daughter (who is 17 now) that her "real" daddy is...whichever celebrity she has a crush on for the day. It has been "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson, Orlando Bloom, Al Pacino etc etc...Poor girl...she used to be so confused!! hehehe

Bless your heart with the chicken pox at 21!! I had them when I was 4 or 5 before I started school anway. And that was the most miserable time of my life...I have scars to this day~~I hated my brother, because he had like 5 little bumps. There wasn't a spot you could touch on me that wasn't a scabby little bump!

I'm glad to know that you are a crooked-faced (What was he thinking???), mad-cow diseased fish murderer!! I love you just the same!!

Thanks Lisa!!

Anonymous said...

We have more in common than I knew. I love Orlando Bloom, I too killed a fish (only I was in college and it was two fish), and apparently I have very strange clavicle bones. The doctor said they stick out which is not normal. Doesn't it make you feel good when a doctor lets you in on that kind of information.

If you need a shoulder to put your crooked face on don't choose me because mine will poke your eye out.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I laughed out loud when I read #3. Wish I had thought of that one. I used to tell Cheri - when she wanted to play and I wanted to nap - "Let's play funeral. I will lie here real still while you go in the next room and cry softly. We can play for a whole hour."

Maybe your dad and I should write a book on "creative parenting".

Sarah said...

I was kind of hoping to learn something I didn't already know about you. Tell us something shocking about yourself! Your secret is safe here. It's just the web!

Lisa said...

Yes, Sherry, chicken pox at 21! Ironically, I had just made it through a bout with severe acne and managed to end up scar-free. Not so with the pox. :( They were the worst on my head and face.

Who knows, Paige? Perhaps my face is angled just "so" that I could conceivably put it on your shoulder and not get my eye poked out. You'll understand if I opt out of experimenting, though.

Rex, my dad is a mischeivious, ornery soul. He also had me convinced for several years that he was younger than my mother and that as a boy his feet never touched the ground when he ran through sticker patches. Imagine my shock when I learned that I had not inherited that talent from him.

If history is any indication, Sarah, you probably know things about me that I won't know until I hear it from you.

Melinda said...

Ha ha! I remember your dad saying that! :) We both have ornery dads, don't we? ;) But oh so loveable!

I can't give blood either! Imagine that!

Speaking of Gerard Butler, I hope "P.S. I Love You" comes out soon!

Oh, and at least that Scottish doctor didn't tell you that you look like Bill Clinton!! LOL! ;D

The Gearharts said...

I thought everybodies face was a little assymetrical. I may use #3 on my kids... I have scarred them enough by now, I may wait. I adore your blog. See you soon.